Friday, January 16, 2015

Long Time No See.....err...Read

Hey there! Well, now that I've procrastinated as long as possible updating on here, happy 2015! Austin and I enjoyed a lovely Christmas break (which was light on the break as we both had to work the whole time) in Idaho. We pretty much went back and forth between our apartment in Rexburg and his family's house in Idaho Falls. We got the first main snowfall of the season on Christmas Eve...magical, right? We were very blessed to get some awesome things for Christmas (not that it's about what you get). Austin got a Wii U with some games, and I got a Kitchen aid! It's shiny and red and I refer to it as my sports car for the kitchen. We got our very own Christmas tree donated to us by the lovely Grandma Fransen (she happened to have an extra Martha Stewart, 7 1/2 foot tall, pre-lit, ROTATING, Christmas tree lying around....but who doesn't, right?) We had a great Christmas and a New Year's Eve occupied by playing games with Austin's awesome BFF's from high school (they played Super Mario for the Wii ALL the way through before it hit midnight...and I fell asleep on the floor and woke up at 11:59 PM. In between those two events, we celebrated our 1st Anniversary! It was on the 28th which was a Sunday, so we went out to Texas Roadhouse the night before and paid a surprisingly high amount of money for a surprisingly small amount of food...but, such is the case with most restaurants of that caliber. Austin started a new semester at BYU-I on January 5th. He switched his semester tracks so he can hopefully take school off this next semester so he can take a small break and we can have some adventures (but let's be real, we'll probably just end up working all summer like last year). He is currently going to school full-time, doing an internship, and working. SUPER. MAN. He is doing an awesome internship (it's his smaller one out of the two he needs before he graduates). He's interning at KIDK in Idaho Falls. KIDK is technically channel 3, broadcasts the channel 8 news, and also broadcasts for ABC and Fox...I think. It's a little fuzzy to me: http://www.localnews8.com/ He's only been interning there for three days and has already gotten to meet all of the anchors and crew, and has even been able to help film and edit the promos that end up on TV. I'm still convinced he will have to fill in for an anchor one day in the event of a "tragic accident".  So far he is having a blast there. I am still working at his dad's insurance company while Austin is still in school. It's been good for me because I love to organize and make things more efficient than they were before, so I've had lots of time to do that. Another thing I've been doing is organizing EVERYTHING in our apartment....when I say that, I mean everything. Our paperclips have a special container....just as an example. Austin says I have a problem....but, when is organizing ever a problem?! Although I have become an organization supply hoarder...which seems a little ironic. Also, crock pot freezer meals are my new best friend. I had been racking my brain trying to come up with a better dinner plan for the two of us. We're both gone all day and don't get home until around 6 PM, and by that time, ain't nobody wanna make a home-cooked meal. Luckily, I found this: http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2012/09/slow-cooker-freezer-meals-make-8-meals.html the holy grail of crock pot freezer meals. They have been so easy to put together and have made a world of difference for us in the evenings. I highly recommend! Any-who, that's pretty much all that's going on with us as of late. Happy January!

No comments:

Post a Comment